Do you enjoy writing?
Are you curious about other writing systems?
Are you interested in what the linguistic landscape looks like in other cultures?
Do you like pizza?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then you are sure to enjoy this event!
The Emory Writing Center will be celebrating the National Day on Writing from 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm in Centro Latino (AMUC 116).
The celebration will include:
• Writing contests with prizes for the winners (haikus and two-minute poetry)
• Live calligraphy display (learn about Chinese and Japanese writing systems. Get your name written in Tibetan!)
• Photographic exhibition of linguistics landscapes around the globe
• Good music and conversations
• Complimentary pizza and refreshments
We hope to see you there! Even if you can’t make it to the live event, drop by the Writing Center (Callaway N212) between 12:00 pm and 5:00 pm for light refreshments.
Be sure to follow us on social media, and tell us—in whatever language(s) you like—why you write!