In an effort to keep Emory Writing Center tutors and visitors healthy, we ask that you stay home if you are ill and/or have a fever. If Writing Center tutors notice that you are sick, they may ask you to go home and reschedule your appointment. Please reschedule your appointment after you have been fever-free for at least 24 hours.
Emory University recommends that our community take the following steps to prevent the spread of germs:
- Use hand sanitizer routinely (at least 60% alcohol) and wash your hands frequently with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover your cough and sneezes with your sleeve or a tissue.
- Use a face mask only if you are ill (not necessary when you are well). All ill students with fever and cough will be masked prior to entering Student Health Services.
- Stay at home if you are ill, especially if you have a fever. Resume regular routines when you are fever free for 24 hours without fever reducing medications.
- For environmental hygiene, use bleach wipes and wipe down all commonly touched surfaces.
- As COVID-19 mimics the flu, it is not too late to get your flu shot to limit your risk of having a similar illness.
These and other measures can be reviewed here.
Emory University’s corona virus updates can be found here.